The Return of WidgetBucks.

So I logged into my email today and was pleasantly greeted with this:

Valued Publisher,



We have recently identified a reporting issue on your account relating specifically to those widget(s) configured to use the MerchSense products option (to identify which product set to display on your site). The reporting issue resulted in a loss of click data for specific widgets between November 16, 2007 and November 20, 2007. The issue has been corrected today and in the interest of ensuring you are properly credited for the missing click activity, we are crediting your account this evening to reflect a volume of click activity equal to the average CTR that each widget has received to date in November. This credit should appear in your account by tomorrow morning, 11/21.



Credit summary: For November 16, 2007 through November 20, 2007, you will see a click count credit based on the CTR average between November 1, 2007 and November 15, 2007 multiplied by your daily impression volume. For example, if your affected widget(s) averaged a 1% CTR between 11/1 and 11/15, and a credit day received 1000 impressions, your account will be credited a total of 10 clicks.



We apologize for the inconvenience!



WidgetBucks Team


There's both good and bad to this. The good is that I managed to rack up about $6 due to this from my other blog. The bad is that since I had only just started this blog I received 0 clicks from it for the whole span. Basically it was in my bar for absolutely no reason.
I knew something had to be going wrong because I wasn't getting any clicks at all, but I figured it had something to do with the changes that they were implementing at the time. Anyway, it was a pretty mixed bag occasion. Did anyone else receive an email like this, or was it just my code that was malfunctioning?

No comments: